Hello. I’m Rev. Clyde Vaughn
I am an ordained minister in the United Methodist Church and have extensive training and experience leading public celebrations.
In over 20 years of performing weddings, I have worked with hundreds of couples and wedding venues in the Bay Area, including Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Santa Clara counties.
I have respect for people with a variety of beliefs and have worked with those of Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim and other spiritual backgrounds.
I am listed as a “preferred vendor” at many of the finest wedding venues in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Santa Clara Counties
By choosing me as the officiant for your wedding, you have the advantage of my experience and training.
- More than 20 years ministry in Santa Cruz County
- Recommended by numerous local wedding professionals and on the preferred list at numerous wedding sites
- Ordained as a United Methodist Minister
- Years of training and education resulting in a Master’s degree including counseling
- Performed weddings from Kentucky to Hawaii, Napa to San Diego
- Careful research on wedding traditions
- Creative ideas to make your wedding personal for you
- You can feel relaxed and comfortable on the day of your wedding working with an experienced professional
- We will meet several times before the rehearsal to personalize the day, so you both can help shape the ceremony. Phone or Skype meetings are an option if meeting in person is inconvenient.
- New Traditions?
- Family Traditions?
- Cultural Traditions?
- Find ways to include your family and friends by asking them to do readings or participate in other meaningful ways.
- Your families and friends are there to support you and celebrate your commitment.
A wedding is a time to publicly state your love and commitment to one another. Gathering your friends and family to share your joy.
- This is Your Time
- Your wedding will reflect your unique relationship
- I work closely with both of you as you make decisions about your wedding
- I can offer a variety of options for you to consider
- The family and friends can be invited to express their joy on your wedding day during the ceremony
To accomplish this, I typically meet with you three times before the rehearsal to get acquainted and make sure the ceremony reflects your unique relationship. If it is more convenient, one or more of these meetings can be done by phone or Skype.
These meetings will help you feel more relaxed and confident on the day of your wedding. Your comfort is of the utmost importance to me.